STANDARD SEASONAL OPENING
- Remove Cover
- 5lbs dry or 5 gals liquid shock
- Install handrails and ladders
- Remove all winter plugs and store on-site
- Purge gas line and start heater (if applicable)
- Vacuum / brush pool or hose deck for up to 30 minutes.
- Backwash sand filter
- Inspect and operate auto cleaner (if applicable)
- Full diagnostic of equipment system
Before we arrive for your opening:
IMPORTANT! – You must fill your pool 3″ above its normal operating level so that we may properly start all of your equipment and have the ability to vacuum to waste.
Although we can in no way guarantee that your pool will be “swimable” or perfect at the end of a standard pool opening, you can always request extra cleanings. This extra cleaning is to be completed only with prior consent from you. Our Premium Seasonal Opening Package includes the extra cleaning, re-adjusting your chemicals and cleaning your filter.
PREMIUM SEASONAL OPENING
- Standard Seasonal Opening
- Follow up service call to be completed within 3 – 6 days to vacuum your pool (up to 30 minutes) and clean your filter
- Remove all handrails, ladders, etc., if applicable
- Winterize and clean filter-remove pressure gauge and plugs
- Winterize and clean pump; remove plugs
- Winterize salt generator and clean cell
- Turn off electricity and take trippers off timer
- Winterize heater if applicable
- Remove skimmer basket/s and return eyeballs
- Make sure all valves left in open position
- Blow out all plumbing lines and install winter plugs (slides and water features if applicable)
- Install cover
- Clean up trash and tools
Note: All plugs, return eyeballs, etc., that were removed are stored in the pump basket. The skimmer basket is stored upside down on the gizzmo (skimmer plug) in the skimmer.
…and what’s NOT included:
- Adding winterizing chemicals; the customer should do this 24 hrs before pool is shut down
- Cleaning or detailing the pool
- Buying new winterizing plugs; any winterizing plugs that are needed and not on site will be charged to the customer
Note: Please make sure we have access to the pool as well as the cover and winterization plugs for the skimmer and returns.